18 Jun Natural and plastic-free skin care
Skin is the human body’s largest organ. It not only forms our physical appearance but plays a huge role in protecting our immune system from the influences of the environment.
While our skin works hard to protect us, it is also very sensitive and deserves to be carefully cared for. Below, we’ll be chatting a bit about natural and plastic-free skin care, sharing tips and recipes essential for healthy skin.
Ideally, your skin care products are without any plastic packaging and are homemade, to protect you and the environment.
Here are some of our top natural and plastic-free skin care tips and recipe combinations:
- Clean you face regularly to get rid of dirt and dead skin particles.
- Clean your face properly every evening, especially, if you wear make-up. A good waste-free option to remove make-up and clean your face are our Reusable Make-up Pads available to shop on our online store.
- Gently rinse your face with warm water or use a detoxifying facewash (you can try the one from Back2nNature, also available on our online store). It’s made from Kaolin Clay which enriches skin with important nutrients.
- Choose natural products aimed at hydrating your skin. You can try the Facefood creams from Back2Nature (we stock this too 😊) and work it into your morning and evening routine.
- Pamper your skin with some homemade face masks:
Combine a basic ingredient like cucumber, avocado, banana, milk, yoghurt or olive oil with something anti-inflammatory (oats, cider vinegar, cinnamon), cleansing (tomatoes, yeast, lemon juice) or anti-aging (egg white, carrot juice, melon).
Here are our favourite combinations:
- Blend some yoghurt with a piece of cucumber for dry skin. Relax for 15 minutes and rinse your face with warm water afterwards. The classical two slices of cucumber on your eyes are the perfect addition to treat your tired eyes as well.
- Grate apple and add a tablespoon of honey for an anti-aging mask. Rinse after 30 minutes with warm water.
- Peel a tomato, mash it and mix with honey for a well-cleansing mask. Tomato refreshes the skin and cleans it while honey works as a highly beneficial anti-inflammatory.
Some more skin care tips:
- Prioritise getting enough sleep. This gives skin enough time to regenerate and also contributes to proper stress management.
- Drink enough water. At least 2 L per day. This helps promote skin elasticity. Tap water is the best, cheapest and plastic-free option. Integrate a huge cup of water in your morning routine right after waking up.
- Olive oil works well as a nourishing option for your face, too.
- Skincare from inside: No masks and face care products are helping, if you don´t eat the right vitamins. Important nutrients for your skin are vitamin A, vitamin C, B-vitamins, calcium, zinc and magnesium.